LearningCart makes it easy to sell your products, no matter if they are online training courses, webinars, classroom events, or physical products. Creating and managing your products is quick and easy.
To add or edit new product select the Manage Products link from the Storefront section of the left navigation menu. You can then select the Add Product link in the top right hand corner or select Edit next to the product you want to edit.
The Product Details will then showing allowing you to specify the following information about your product.
- Site: If your site has subportals, select the appropriate subportals this product will be available on.
- Product Name: The name of the product you are adding.
- Shipping Weight: The weight of this item if you wish to charge shipping and shipping calculations are enabled for your site. The default value is 0 which will result in no shipping being added.
- Taxable Item: If your site has been configured to calculate sales tax, checking this box will add the appropriate tax to a user’s order when this box is checked. The default state is unchecked.
- Hidden Product: When checked, this product will be hidden on the site and only accessible by it's direct url. The default state is unchecked.
- Active Product: When checked, the product is available on the site for purchase. When unchecked the product is not available for purchase.
- Short Description: This field is used to display a short description of the product that appears in multiple areas of the site, including lists of products and search engine results. Short description displays in the Metatag descriptions on the page (used by search engines) and is also used by the built in search engine for LC
- Product URL: For each product you can choose the URL you would like to use. This feature is great for SEO as well as making your URL friendly for users.
- Product Details: This field allows you to specify a detailed HTML enabled description of your product. For tips on using the integrated editor please see the Editor Tips section of this document.
Once you have entered the required information, click the Add button located at the bottom of the Add Product page. A confirmation message will then be displayed. If you are adding a product additional product information tabs will become available (see below). Click the tabs to complete configuration of your product.
For each product in LearningCart additional information can be added to provide further customization.
This information is accessible when editing a product or immediately after adding a product. The information is grouped underneath a series of tabs on the Edit Product page.
To complete the configuration of your product, simply click one of the following heading tabs: