If your LearningCart site was not configured for you, the out of the box default setting will only allow customers to place orders using purchase orders.
The site can be configured to allow either credit card or purchase order payment.
The site can also be configured to require purchase order payment for orders above a specific dollar amount.
In order to accept credit cards you must configure your payment gateway settings.
Currently LearningCart supports accepting credit cards through Authorize.net, Stripe, PayPal (both Paypal Express & Payflow) and WorldPay. Before you can configure your site to accept credit cards you must first sign up for an account with one of those services.
If you do not have an account you easily sign up for Authorize.net or create a Stripe or PayPal account.
Once you have established an account you can then login to your LearningCart admin area and configure your payment gateway settings.
- On the left navigation menu, select Site Content/Site Settings
- Select the Payment Settings section
- Click the link to update your payment gateway settings
- From the Payment Gateway drop down select the payment gateway you wish to use.
- For Authorize.net you will need to provide your API Login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 Hash. For details on how to retrieve this information visit our Authorize.net Credentials page.
- For Stripe, you will need to provide your Transaction Key
- For Paypal Express you will need to provide your PayPal API User Name, API Password, and PayPal Signature. For details on how to retrieve this information visit our PayPal Credentials page.
- For Paypal Pro you will need to create an app and provide the credentials for your app.
- For PayPal Pay Flow you will need to enter credentials.
- For Worldpay Direct XML you will need to enter your merchant id and XML password.
- For PaySimple you will need to enter your Username & API key
- You can then specify what card types your account is configured to accept. For more information on what card types your account supports, please contact your payment processor.
- Enter the payment gateway information then click the Test Gateway button to confirm the gateway is successfully configured.
- Click the Update button to save your changes