LearningCart allows you to easily create assessments and supports multiple question types, question pools, customizable question feedback, a time limit option and question randomization.
Adding or Editing a Quiz
To edit or create a quiz, go to Training > Content & Settings > Manage Quizzes. The Edit Quiz page will load which will allow you to specify the following information about the Quiz:
- Quiz Name: Enter the name of the quiz.
- Question Pool: If this quiz will use a question pool, select the question pool to use.
- Number of Questions: If a question pool is used, enter the number of questions to use on the quiz.
- Template: The quiz template you would like to use.
- Passing Score: The score required to pass the quiz.
- Time allowed (in whole minutes): The number of minutes allowed to complete the quiz. Leave as zero for unlimited time.
- Maximum number of attempts allowed: The maximum attempts that will be allowed for this quiz. Leave as blank for unlimited attempts.
- Image: The image shown next to the quiz when the user is viewing the course.
- Randomize: When checked, the questions AND answers in this quiz will be randomly presented. If you are creating a quiz using a question pool, select this option if you'd like the pool questions to be randomly selected.
- Show Correct message: When checked, the user will receive feedback each time they answer a question.
- Description: The description that will be shown next to the quiz if part of a course.
- Message on Start: The message that will display to the user at the start of the quiz. The field supports HTML and can be customized with images, links and text depending on your requirements.
- Message on Passing: The message that will display to the user when passing the quiz. The field supports HTML and can be customized with images, links and text depending on your requirements.
- Message on Failing: The message that will display to the user when failing the quiz. The field supports HTML and can be customized with images, links and text depending on your requirements.
Click the Submit button to save your entries.
Adding, Editing or Deleting Quiz Questions
To add quiz questions, navigate to the Manage Quizzes page and then click ‘Edit Question’ next to the appropriate quiz. You can then click ‘Add Question’ in the top right-hand corner to add new questions or click ‘Edit’ next to an existing question to edit it.
LearningCart supports the following question types which you can select from the question type drop down.
- Multi Choice (Single Answer)
- Multi Choice (Multiple Answer)
- Boolean (Yes/No/True/False)
You can add as many question responses/answers as you would like for each question. Simply click the blue plus icon to add another answer.
For each question you can also specify a Correct Message (which will be shown to users when they answer the question correctly) as well as an Incorrect Message (which will be shown to users if they asnwer a question incorrectly). This is a great way to provide feedback to your users as they progress through a quiz.
When you have completed entry of the quiz question information, click ‘Save’.
Importing Quiz Questions
If you have a large number of quiz questions to load, LearningCart offers the ability to build your question set using a CSV file and then import it into our system. To get started you can download a copy of our CSV template here. Simply add your questions and answers to the CSV file and you can then import your questions by going to Training > Content & Settings > Manage Quizzes > and then clicking Edit Questions next to your desired quiz. If the questions import is for a new quiz you will need to first create a new quiz by clicking ‘Add Quiz’. Once you are on the Manage Quiz Questions page, click ‘Import Questions’ then select your CSV file and bulk import your questions.
The format of the CSV file is relatively simple. The first column should contain your question and then you may specify up to 6 potential answers. To indicate an answer is correct, simply add a * character at the begining of that answer. That character will automatically be removed on import but the * will let LearningCart know which answer is correct. You can see the sample table below. Notice how in the first row the answer "Yes" has a * before it to denote that it is the correct answer.
The last two columns in the file, Correct Feedback and Incorrect Feedback can be used to provide immediate feedback to the user after they answer a question. These fields are optional.
To restrict the number of Quiz attempts on a Quiz, on the Edit Quiz page enter a value in the 'Maximum Number of Attempts' field. Please note - launching the quiz adds an attempt in the system.
Attempts can be removed in the admin by going to the Customer details page, selecting the Transcript tab and clicking the Remove Submissions link for the Quiz.