Manage Discount Codes
LearningCart provides the ability to create multiple types of discount codes.
To add or delete discount codes, select Manage Discount Codes from the Storefront section of the Admin left navigation menu.
The current list of discount codes will be displayed.
You can use the filter function to show only used or unused codes.
To export the list of codes to Excel, click the Export To Excel button.
To add a discount code select the Add Discount Codes button at the top of the page.
The following fields are editable in the Add Discounts page:
- Type of Discount:
- Discount on Product: Allows you to select a specific product to discount.
- Discount on Category: Allows you to select an entire category of products to discount.
Please note: since a product can be put in multiple categories, which are not displayed to customers, many clients find it helpful to create Categories specifically for discounting purposes.
- Discount on Price: Allows you to select a specific Product Price to discount.
- Single Use:
- When set to “True” LearningCart will automatically generate the number of codes specified in the “Number of Codes” field. These codes are unique and can only be used a single time and applied to a single product in an order.
- When set to “False” the code you would like to create can be typed into the “Discount Code” field. This is the default option and great for when you want to generate a multi-use easy to remember discount code (e.g. 5OFF or SUMMERSALE) for use in promotions.
- Discount Value: Select Dollar amount or Percent from the drop down list.
- Minimum Order Amount: If an amount is entered, only orders with a total above this amount will be eligible for the discount.
- Amount Off: The amount off the price for this discount code.
- Start Date: The start date the discount code will be valid.
- End Date: The date after which the discount code will no longer be valid.
Once you have completed the required fields click the Create Discount Codes button to create your discount code.
To delete a discount code check the box next to the code in question and then click the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the page.
Once a discount code is deleted it can no longer be applied to orders but will continue to show in reports.
Multiple use discounts are calculated by applying the discount on a per unit basis.
A Single use dollar discount is applied across the entire order (not on a per unit basis).
A Single use percentage discount is applied to a single unit of the highest value product in the order.
LearningCart does not allow Discount Stacking - if a Customer also has a membership discount set up additional discounts will not be applied.
For flexibility our system will allow you to create multiple discounts using the same code.
When a user goes to pay, as long as they have one of the qualifying products in their cart our system will be able to detect there is match for one of discounts created and apply it appropriately.