To edit a piece of content, select Edit Content from the Site Content section of the admin left navigation menu. The Edit Document page will then load. Click on the piece of content you want to edit.
Once you have selected the content you want to edit, the Edit Content page will load.
The following fields are editable:
- Document Type: The document type drop down specifies what type of content this document is.
- Document: A traditional content document (page). This is the default value.
- Link: A link to a different page. When this option is selected, two additional fields (Redirect and Redirect URL) are shown on the page. These allow you to specify where the link should redirect to and if the link should open in the current or a new window.
- Page Fragment: Page fragments are small pieces of content that can be used at various places in your sites template. Page Fragments are generally configured by LearningCart to allow you to easily update specific pieces of your site’s template. If your site uses page fragments these will be discussed in your LearningCart user training.
- Document Title: The title of your document.
- Template: The content template you would like to use.
- Description: A short description of what this content is about. This field is used by search engines to give users a brief synopsis of your content.
- Show in Table of Contents: For templates that automatically build their site navigation, checking this box will ensure the page you are adding will show up in your site’s navigation menu.
- Active. When checked this document is available to the public. When unchecked the document is inactive. The default state is unchecked.
- Document URL: The URL you want to use for your content. LearningCart will automatically create a URL based on the title you enter, but you can override that by changing this field if desired.
- Redirect URL: Only shown if the document type is set to link. This field allows you to specify the page or URL this piece of content should point to. Enter your desired URL or click the Browse link to select from content and pages in LearningCart.
- When the Browse link is clicked, a new window will load. From the Type drop down select from the following options:
- Documents - select this option to link to an existing document.
- External Resource - select this to option to link to an External Resource (Custom Pages or Code that is not part of the Content Management System). You must add an External Resource prior to selecting this option.
- Blogs - select this option to link to the home page or specific entries on your blog.
- Product Add to Cart - select this option to link to the selected product add to cart page.
- Product Subcategory - select this option to link to the selected product subcategory page.
- Product Details - select this option to link to the select product details page.
- Uploaded Files - select this option to link to an uploaded file.
- Editor Content: This is where you can edit your content using the integrated editor. For more information on using the editor see the Editor Tips section of this document.
Once you have entered the required information, click the Update button located at the bottom of the Content page to save your changes.