Edit a Course
To edit an existing course, select select the Manage Courses link from the Training section of the left navigation menu. On the Manage Courses page locate the Course to be edited and click the Edit link.
The Edit Course page will load which will allow you to modify the details of the course.
- Title: The name of the course.
- Course Identifier: The course identifier is a value that is only displayed to site administrators. The course identifier is shown next to the course title in key places to help administrators distinguish one course from another. This is especially helpful if some of your courses share similar names.
- CEUs, Course Level, Course Location, Additional Certificate Text: These fields are utilized to customize the certificate of completion with additional information about the course.
- Sort Order: This field allows you to manually prioritize the order in which a course is presented. For example a course with a sort order of 1 will show before a course with a sort order of 2. When no sort order is specified then the default sort is alphabetical.
- Course Administrators: Course Administrators can view completion status on all users assigned to that course.
- Complete In Order: When checked users are required to complete all items associated with this course in the order they are presented.
- Certificate: The certificate that will be displayed when a customer completes this content. See Manage Certificates for more information on how to create a certificate.
- Badges: click in the Badges field and select the appropriate badge. If the badge you want does not exist in this list see the Manage Badges section of this document for more information on adding badges. Once you have selected the Badge, click the Save button to save your changes. To remove a Badge, click the X located next to the Badge.
- Schedule Content Availability: Use these fields to control if your module will become active on a specific date or a specified number of days after enrollment. If these fields are blank, the content will be immediately available
- Specific Date: The date you want the course to become available.
- Number of Days After Enrollment: The number of days after the user enrolls that the course will become available.
- Description: The course description that will appear below the course title when a user goes to view a course. The description field supports HTML and can be customized with images, links and text depending on your requirements.
Current Course Content:
To add new Course Content, select the Add New Content button and add the new Course Content.
To add existing Course Content, select the Select Existing Content button and search for the Course Content you wish to add by clicking the 'select one' drop down and typing the content title.
When the desired content is located, click the Edit Item button to edit the content before adding it to the course. Or - click the Add to Course button to immediately add the content to the course.
To delete content from the course, locate the content item and click the Delete link. You will receive a confirmation message. Click OK to delete the content, click Cancel if you do not want to delete the content.
The Counts Toward Completion indicator can be also be edited for each content item. When this option is set to True the content must be completed by the customer in order to successfully complete the course. When set to False the content is optional and will not affect the customer’s completion status. To edit the indicator, click the Edit link and check the indicator box to set to True or uncheck the indicator to set to False. Click the Update link to save your changes.
To reorder the content, click on an item and drag it into the desired order. Click the Save Order button to save your changes.
The Associated Products list displays all Products that are associated with this course.
To add the Course to an existing Product - go to the Manage Products item on the left navigation.
To add a new Product - click on the Create New Product button. Complete the Product set up and click the Save button.
Close the pop up window. The Product you have created will now display in the Associated Products list.