Microsoft Teams Integration
To integrate Microsoft Teams with your LearningCart site, go to Configuration > Online Meeting Provider then select ‘Microsoft Teams’. A pop-up will appear prompting you to log in to your Microsoft Teams account. Once logged in, you will be asked if you want to allow the LearningCart App access. Click ‘Accept’. You will be redirected to a page that confirms set up is complete.
Add a Meeting
For a video tutorial on adding an Online Session, click here.
To add a Microsoft Teams meeting to a product session, navigate to the Prices / Events tab and select the desired event. Under Show Additional Fields > Additional Information you will see a Join Link and an option to ‘Add Microsoft Teams Meeting’.
When you click the link, a pop-up will appear prepopulated with the information from the session you are working in.
- Host: This dropdown will populate a list of Hosts from the Microsoft Teams account connected to the LearningCart site. If an instructor was assigned when creating the session and the instructor exists in Microsoft Teams, then this dropdown will automatically populate that instructor.
- Subject: This will automatically populate with the Title of the session this meeting is being added to.
- Start Date / Time: This will automatically populate with the corresponding information provided in the session settings.
- Meeting Duration (in minutes): This will automatically populate with the corresponding information provided in the session settings.
- Time Zone: This will automatically populate with the corresponding information provided in the session settings.
Note: you cannot edit a host after the meeting has been created. If you wish to change the host of the meeting, you will need to delete the Microsoft Teams meeting and add a new Microsoft Teams meeting to the session.
Confirm the information, then click ‘Add Meeting’. A join link will be populated and automatically included in all denoted places throughout the system – email notifications for meeting reminders, user dashboards under My Training for students to launch the meeting, and the instructor dashboard under Instructor View to launch the meeting.
Note: To add an online meeting, the session must already exist under Product > Prices / Events. You will not have the option to set up an online meeting when creating a new session.
Edit / Update Meeting
To edit a Microsoft Teams meeting from LearningCart, you will click ‘Update Meeting’ under the Join Link within the session you wish to edit. A pop-up will appear that will allow you to change basic details of the meeting.
When changes are made, a new join link is generated so you will have an opportunity within the meeting details pop-up window to resend notifications to the host as well as the students.
Note: When a meeting is edited, a new join link is generated and any join links distributed to a user prior to the edit will be inactive.
Launch a Meeting
Instructor’s will be able to launch online meetings directly from their Instructor Dashboard. They will enter through the Instructor View tile, navigate to the correct session, then click ‘Launch’.